Senior Data Engineer
Zenus Bank is a soon to launch digital bank. We give individuals and companies around the world more options to manage their money internationally. We do this by enabling them to open a US bank account from anywhere in the world without having to be a US citizen or resident*.
We are a global business with growth plans that will see us expand quickly. If you are looking for a career where you can drive your own future Zenus Bank is the place for you.
Find out more at Zenus.com
About the role
At Zenus Bank, you’ll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking Senior Data Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies. As a Zenus Data Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Zenus Bank.
Banking-industry experience is preferred.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies.
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems.
- Utilize programming languages like Java, Scala, Python and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases and Cloud based data warehousing services such as Redshift and Snowflake.
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, and mentoring other members of the engineering community.
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment.
- Perform unit tests and conduct reviews with other team members to make sure your code is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for performance.
What you need for this role
- Be fully bilingual (English and Spanish)
- At least 4 years of experience in application development.
- At least 1 year of experience in big data technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in application development including Python, SQL, Scala, or Java.
- 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
- 3+ years experience with Distributed data/computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Gurobi, or MySQL).
- 2+ year experience working on real-time data and streaming applications.
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo DB, Cassandra).
- 2+ years of data warehousing experience (Snowflake or Redshift).
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting.
- 2+ years of experience with Agile engineering practices.
- MS/BS degree in Data Science, Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
To apply for this role please submit your LinkedIn URL and your resume or CV, and optional covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Permanent (40+ hrs/week)
To be negotiated
Chief Information Officer
None, for now
*Zenus Bank will not open any account or process any transactions from countries which have been sanctioned by the United States Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control 'OFAC
Zenus Bank, City Towers, 19th Floor 252 Ave. Juan Ponce De Leon San Juan, PR, 00918