Cloud Operations Manager
Zenus Bank is a soon to launch digital bank. We give individuals and companies around the world more options to manage their money internationally. We do this by enabling them to open a US bank account from anywhere in the world without having to be a US citizen or resident*.
We are a global business with growth plans that will see us expand quickly. If you are looking for a career where you can drive your own future Zenus Bank is the place for you.
Find out more at Zenus.com
About the role
We are a seeking an experienced Production Support Manager with operational and/or site reliability engineering background with a passion for providing superior system availability and customer experience. We are looking for candidates who can lead a 24/7 support organization, drive reliability and performance across a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack.
As an Production Support Manager, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems of scale which are unique to tech companies while using your expertise in delivery and support of critical services.
Banking-industry experience is preferred.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Increase operational efficiencies to proactively reduce and mitigate production incidents.
- Provide Call Leadership to mitigate critical incidents.
- Lead a team of experienced support engineers to meet or exceed expectations on incident SLAs.
- Ability to understand full technology stack of systems in the assigned domain.
- Lead a high performing team of support engineers across several geographical locations to provide a 24x7 support for systems with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
- Collaborating with other tech leads and support teams to ensure integrated end-to-end availability, reliability, and performance.
- Define support strategies for systems in the Cloud (Azure, Google, AWS).
- Influencing resiliency and scalability in production environments in Microsoft Azure and other cloud platforms.
- Identify and drive resolution on monitoring and alerting gaps.
- Lead a team to design, write and deliver technical and process automation to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Zenus Bank’s services.
- Solve problems relating to mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automated response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Experience utilizing monitoring solutions, such as New Relic, Power BI, Nagios and/or DataDog to reduce outages detection time.
- Identifying and remediating risk to critical and non critical system KPIs.
- Familiarity with application architectures and networking.
- Familiarity with DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering concepts and principles.
- Familiarity with automation of routine maintenance tasks and common issues.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way.
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.), MAC addresses, IP packets, WAF, VPN Gateway, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing.
What you need for this role
- 5+ years of program/project management and/or software application production experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical project manager, solutions engineer, technical sales consultant, technical account manager or partner/sales engineer in the telecommunications space.
- B.A/B.S in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience.
- Experience communicating and partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Experience coordinating, and multi-tasking in a highly organized manner.
- Experience with IT infrastructures (distributed, high availability, real-time infrastructures) and understanding of network protocols on different layers.
- Experience with mobile infrastructure, capabilities and network protocols, especially packet core infrastructure and BSS infrastructures for provisioning and charging.
- Experience drafting technical documentation, case studies and white papers.
- MS/BS degree in Project Management, Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Software Development background a plus.
To apply for this role please submit your LinkedIn URL and your resume or CV, and optional covering letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Permanent (40+ hrs/week)
To be negotiated
Chief Information Officer
None, for now
*Zenus Bank will not open any account or process any transactions from countries which have been sanctioned by the United States Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control 'OFAC
Zenus Bank, City Towers, 19th Floor 252 Ave. Juan Ponce De Leon San Juan, PR, 00918